July 31, 2008

HOORAY FOR BAUER!!!


He did it! He filled his first potty chart. I can't even tell you how excited I am! His first time going potty in the toilet was Wednesday, July 16th. Exactly two weeks later he finished his first chart. We were pretty slow to start but then I decided that if we were going to do it, we were going to go full-force. So I went to Harmons and got Bauer a potty watch. You can see it on his wrist in the picture. It is a timer and you can set it to go off every 30, 60, or 90 minutes. It will sing a little song and lights will flash and that means it's time to try going potty. It was quite the fight the first day or so because he didn't want to stop playing to go to the bathroom but he has done pretty well since then. For his first potty chart prize, he got his Incredible Hulk camera. He is so excited. He has taken a million pictures. Now if I could only get him to look through the lens, move his hand out of the way, and take the picture without moving, we would be good. Ha ha ha. I guess that's what happens when you give a camera to a two-year-old.

3 comments:

Momberger said...

Hooray Baby Bauer! What a good boy. He sure is a big boy. I just loved when we went to the zoo and he looked up at me with a red face and grunted "Tia, I need go potty". Ha ha. What a handsome lil' devil!

Shaylan and Traci said...

That is awesome. I have been trying with Wyatt. He refuses to try to go when he is busy which causes accidents. I will have to try the potty watch. What an idea. What a kid to do it so quickly.

The Bliss Family said...

Yay for Bauer!! Isn't it great to finally be done changing their diapers?!? I didn't think Nolan would EVER make it. I hope Bauer continues to do well. Good luck!