October 28, 2008

BAUER & MOM DAY


I am lucky enough to have a wonderful work arrangement where I get to stay home Mondays and Tuesdays with Bauer. The poor kid though, it seems like every time I am home there is something that needs to be done. There is always laundry that needs to be washed, rooms that need to be cleaned, pictures that need to be sorted, shopping that needs to be done, etc. so I spend my whole day doing "chores" and no time with my sweet Bauer. Today I decided that I was going to make the day about him. We got up and had some breakfast and watched Nightmare Before Christmas. He has been obsessed with that movie lately. I got all of my Halloween movies out to watch in October but Nightmare is the only one he wants to watch. We watch it a couple of times a day at least. Playgroup was at 10:00 and Bauer got to wear his Halloween costume and have a party. I picked him up at 11:30 and we went to McDonald's for lunch (ps - please excuse the picture. It was taken from my cell phone). This is the first time that just Bauer and I have gone to any fast food place to play on the toys. He loved going down the slide and playing basketball. Then I wanted to run to Big Lots to look for something but when we got done there, I told him that he could decide what we would do next. He said "I want to go to one more store." Yeah - weird. So I figured we would just go to Walgreen's since it was the closest store to us and he couldn't really want to go to a store, right? So we went and looked around Walgreen's and bought him some Halloween stickers and on the way out I said "okay, what do you want to do now? Should we go home and play with your toys?" He said "no. I want to go to one more store." What? So we did. We went to one more store. By the time we were done at Target, Brian had called to tell us that he was on his way home from work so I was able to convince Bauer to come home. Once we got home we watched Nightmare again and snuggled on the couch until Brian got home. Shopping is not how I had imagined our fun Mom & Bauer day but I sure did have a great time playing with him. He is such a cute little stinker.

1 comment:

Momberger said...

He is such a sweet boy. I sure do love that lil fella!