November 11, 2008

NOT A BABY


Brian and I have been talking about if/when to get Bauer a toddler bed for a while now. He has done really well in his crib and hasn't complained about it at all. He hasn't ever climbed out of it or anything so we haven't had to worry about him hurting himself. But then he is getting old enough that he can have a "big boy" bed and maybe that would even help with the potty training. (Just a little update: In the last three weeks he has done awesome. He has been going everywhere in his underwear and even sleeping in them. He has only had 2 accidents. So we thought that maybe it would help to give him his big bed and tell him that it means no more accidents.) Anyways, long story short...we gave it to him last night. He was so stinking cute! He was jumping around and so excited. When we finally got it put in his room with his bedding on it he said "I need to take a picture of it" and went into his toy room to get his camera. I took some pictures with my camera too and then we let him just play around in his new room for a little while. When it was bedtime, he was actually excited to go to bed and he laid down and we took some more pictures. Just before we went to bed I said "goodnight Baby" like I always do. He said "Mom, I'm not a baby." He is right. My sweet little boy is not a baby any more. He is all grown up. And even though it is sad that my little baby isn't a baby anymore, it is so fun to see what a cute little boy he is becoming. So, it is with mixed emotions that I announce that my little Bauer is no longer a baby. Congratulations sweet boy!

4 comments:

lindsey hill said...

so i just had to tell you that i thought of you the other night. i made fiesta dip, yummy. it totally made me think of you.

sweet nectar sara said...

cute room! love the walls and i have that hamper too, 4.5 years and it's still in great shape :)

Momberger said...

Hooray for that big boy!

Kristine and Ryan said...

That bed is so stinkin cute!