May 10, 2010


Mother's Day was wonderful this year, as always. Our celebration started Saturday morning when we took Bauer's great-grandmas to breakfast. They were both very excited to go and we had a great time. We went to Red Rooster Wafle and had a yummy breakfast and wonderful company. Bauer adores his great-grandmas and they adore him. It's so cute to see them together. Bauer brought each of them a boquet of paper flowers with pictures of him and them together. And Granny Bliss gave me a beautiful bracelet.

Sunday morning I woke up and showered and when I got out, my sweet Bauer was awake and said "Mommy, come see!" He took me out to the kitchen were there was a flower, a card, and a surfboard bag. Bauer was so excited. He said "it's just your size. Look at it." I opened the surfboard bag (which I just assumed was for our old surfboard that didn't have a bag) and there was a new board in there. I love it! I can't wait to get out and use it. While I was opening that, Bauer broght my flower over for me to see and the card that he had made at school. Aunt Suzzi had taken him to pick out flowers for me, Heidi, and both of his grandmas. (Thanks Suzzi! That is so sweet of you to do.) The card he had made at school was adorable. He had signed his own name and drawn a flower, a bee, and a butterfly. It was so cute!

Once we were all dressed and ready, we headed to Grandma Lorna's to go to brunch at Little America. We had to wait quite a while to be seated but luckily there was a clown there that made balloon swords for Bauer and Bodey and Heidi had her phone to keep them busy. Once we got seated we had a great brunch. After brunch we went back to Lorna's to play for a little while and visit.

Later that afternoon, we headed out to my mom's house for dinner. The boys were so great: Sam made dinner and Brian cleaned up. It was so nice for us moms to have a break. Mom gave us yummy treats and Rae gave us each a purse. (So thoughtful of you guys. Thanks!) During dinner, Brian suggested we go over to Granny Bliss' house and play tennis (she has a court in her backyard). Nobody was really sure if he was serious or not but once we realized that he really did want to, everyone hopped up, grabbed a racket, and headed over. We played a copule of doubles games and had a blast making fun of eachother. Dad is really the only one that knows what he is doing but Rae, Ange and I took classes when we were younger and I even played on the High School team my Freshman and Sophomore years. I think everyone had fun though. After our tennis matches, we headed back over for dessert and to hang out.

When we got home from my parents' house, we decided to snuggle and watch a movie. The boys let me pick the movie since it was Mother's Day but neither of them lasted very long in it anyways. They were both sound asleep within the first couple of minutes. It had been a long day and we were all wiped out. But it was a wonderful day and I am so grateful for my sweet husband that always makes it special for me and for all of my family and friends that call, text, give gifts, and send their love.

No comments: