September 21, 2009

OUR NEW-NEW


I know - we are crazy! I didn't do much boating when I was growing up but when I started dating Brian, we went a few times with his family and then after we got married, we went frequently with our best friends. Well, this year we didn't get to go at all until we went to Lake Powell about a month ago. That's when we realized how much we loved and missed boating. Ever since we got married, Brian has told me that one day he would own a boat. I would just roll my eyes and say "yeah, right." I always thought it was fun but I could do without it and besides - we had friends with a boat so why in the world would we spend the money, time, and effort on our own? Well, the day finally came where I agreed - we should have a boat. So we did some research and come to find out, this was the perfect time to buy a boat. Due to the recession, there were a bunch of boat dealerships that had gone under and Centurion boats owned by those dealerships were taken back by the manufacturer. There were so many that they needed to get rid of that they marked the prices down a ton. In fact, when we found out the price of our boat, the dealer we were working with (who also happens to be a family friend) told us that he actually paid more than that for the same boats for him to sell. So we got an awesome deal. We also found out that the 2010 boat production quantities are going down and prices will be going up. Just the engine in the new boats went up 18% from the 2009 models. Crazy! So anyways, this is our fun new boat and we absolutely love it! We are so excited to spend time with family and friends on our new toy. We took our maiden voyage this weekend to try it out and it is awesome. I even learned to drive the boat and back the trailer into the water which were both really big steps for me. I can't wait to go out again. Too bad we only have a couple of days left before it is too cold.

3 comments:

Momberger said...

That was so fun on Saturday! We need to get Matt out sometime... maybe next year... but still. He would have fun.

Tiffany Jenson said...

NICE BOAT!!

Troy and Lisa Fisher said...

Sweet boat you two! I hope you get to use it a lot next summer. How was Lake Powell, I hope you didn't run into any storms. Not my favorite!