May 29, 2011

NYC - Day 1

Occasionally I go online and read blogs by clever and witty people and I think “I need to update my blog. I’ve been a slacker. I’m going to start blogging again.” And I think of all the things I have to blog about and how I’m going to get caught up. And then I sit down and start writing and think “I might be the most boring writer in the world.” And then I just get frustrated and quit because my posts are so boring. Other people can talk about absolutely nothing and have you completely engaged because they are just so good with their words and you can see their personality come through. Maybe the problem is that my personality is just boring so, in fact, my personality IS coming through. And maybe I just really suck at writing. Either way…it keeps me from blogging. BUT I have family out of state (and country) now and I LOVE reading all of their blogs and feeling like I’m still part of their life. So for all of my sweet family that wants to see what’s going on in our lives (and still love me in spite of my boring-ness), and anyone else that gives a rat’s behind, here is what we have been up to…
Recently Brian had to go to New York for work. Flights were fairly inexpensive and we have wanted to take a trip to NY for a while so Bauer and I decided to fly out on the last day of Brian’s work thing and have a little family vacation. It was our first family vacation with just the three of us and we had such a fun time. Bauer and I took the redeye out Thursday night and got into NY at about 6:00 Friday morning. We took a taxi to the hotel and obviously weren’t able to check in yet so we dropped our bags off and headed out for our first NY adventure (not counting the adventure of getting two large suitcases, two carry-ons, my camera backpack, a stroller, and an almost-5-year-old through the airport and to a taxi). The man at the hotel counter told me that there was a “nice little diner” just down the street and then we could head down to Central Park. Bauer, for some reason, was very amused with the words “nice little diner” and talked about it the whole trip. And he loved Central Park. It took us about half an hour to walk there from the “nice little diner” (not counting the 15 minutes we wasted walking in the wrong direction) and then we wandered around the park for about four hours, exploring. Bauer’s favorite was all of the huge rocks that he could climb on. He’s such a monkey. When it started to rain we decided to head back to the hotel and see if they had a room ready for us yet. Luckily they did and we were able to take a little nap while we waited for Brian to be able to meet up with us. Bauer wasn’t tired…just ask him…



Brian got to the hotel late that afternoon while we were napping and when our nap was over we headed out to do some more exploring. We took Bauer to FAO Schwartz, stopping to see St. Patrick's Church and to have dinner.

2 comments:

Momberger said...

WE DONT THINK YOU ARE BORING AT ALL!! WE LOVE YOUR POSTS AND WE LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU GUYS ARE UP TO! UPDATE ALL THE TIME! YOU HAVE THE SWEETEST HEART AND PERSONALITY OF ANYONE I KNOW!! YOU ARE VERY WITTY AND FUNNY! WE LOVE READING YOUR BLOG SO KEEP THE POSTS COMING!

Talbot Family said...

I love all the pics and stories. NYC is my 2nd favourite big city next to London. Now that you have done the city thing with Bauer, come stay with us and do London and a Castle or 2. He will love it and I am sure he and Adessa would get on great. Glad you had a fun trip :)