August 16, 2011

GIFTS


The other day, Bauer came to me with a handful of new pencils and said "Don't you think it would be nice if I gave these to people?" I kinda laughed and asked him who he had in mind. He wasn't sure. Maybe we could take a pencil around to each house in the neighborhood. I suggested that instead of doing that, we just take them around to some of his friends. Maybe we could go a little later. I figured he would go back to playing and forget about it but he didn't. A couple hours later he came back and said "I was thinking we could put a treat with those pencils. Can we take them now?" He wasn't going to forget about it. So we took a little walk around the neighborhood and delivered the pencils. He didn't want the people to see him drop them off though. He just wanted to leave them on the porch and run "like the delivery guy does."

2 comments:

Layne Bushell said...

So cute Katie! We call that "Doorbell Ditching...the good kind"! He's getting so big!

Auntie Elaine said...

Adorable - so thoughtful!!!